Thursday, July 13, 2006

I had so much on my heart I wanted to share this morning but it has been one of those mornings that shakes things up and turns your thoughts to mush. I had an early meeting downtown this morning and when I stopped back by the house to pick up some notes, I found that Lauren's car had been vandalized. She had left it at my house before she and Deanna left for Tulsa in June.

Someone had gone to the trouble to carry a large rock to my driveway and heave it at the car's rear window...at least that is what it struck. It hit with enough force that it bent the inner steel frame of the hatch as well and enough did enough damage that the deputy who responded to my call thought it was a meteorite. I pointed out that a meteorite hitting the car probably would have gone through the seat too (at least) and wouldn't have had bird poo on one side of it :)

Because Lauren was virtually "homeless" when she left here, leaving for Tulsa, Africa, then Tulsa again until she returns to go back to Indiana Wesleyan, she had a lot of stuff packed in her car. Praise God there was no evidence that whoever heaved the rock actually tried to get into the car and as far as I could tell, none of the contents had been disturbed (and yes, it is all in my dining room now where I should have moved it earlier once my lifting restrictions had been removed).

I'm hoping to be able to have it handled before she gets back in-country, but I haven't found out yet how or if my homeowner's insurance will cover this or not - or if it will have to be filed with her's. If that is the case, I don't know that I can file a claim on her behalf, but probably not. Anyway, it could have been much worse all the way around.

I hope your days have started out better than this, but I also thank the Lord for his provision, even in times like these...it is only a "thing" isn't it? Tomorrow maybe I can reorganize myself and share some of the things I thought I would today...it just wasn't the right time!

Lord, thank you for watching over us all the time, and for your protection even when we aren't thinking about needing it. Thank you for your provision when we don't see the purpose or need for certain events in our lives, and thank you that in the big picture of our lives events like today's are not important. In Jesus' name, Amen.

Brad

5 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry about this
Brad, but God is always with us and always has a reason for everything. Will pray for you, the handlings of the car, and for the person who did this, who obviously needs prayers and Jesus! God bless you today, and just keep focusing on Jesus.

Linda Anderson

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brad- When you are in God's will Satan will do what it takes to try to distract you. Keep up the postings and remember that God is in Charge..... you have been a blessing.

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen, Satan will attack, especially when Kingdom accomplishments are made. Can hardly wait to hear the stories, teaching, and lessons learned. You did the right thing, Brad. Trust in Jesus and He will make a way, to steal a phrase!

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a "little hurdle" in the race...keep up the endurance! We'll pray for ease in the insurance process. Will look forward to what you have to share tomorrow, too.

Tammy

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger natenamy said...

Brad--
Sorry to hear that! We will be praying that everything gets sorted out and are thankful that nothing seems to be stolen. God does provide, sometimes He just does so in interesting ways. But, His ways are perfect... even though we may not "get it" and I am SO thankful for that!
Brent, Deanna, Lauren, and Whit-- We are praying for you all too as you wrap up your time in NA! We can't wait to hear stories of His faithfulness and provisions to you all and to the NAfrican people you have been blessed to serve. Remember, Lauren and Whit, when you are back here, there is no need to be "homeless"! Our door is aways open and a comfy queen size bed awaits with just a phone call or a knock on the door.
We love you all LOADS!
Nate and Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home