Thursday, June 07, 2007

I have to tell you that after I wrote about banana's two days ago, I received a call from my Mother. She informed me that when she was pregnant with me, she had a craving for banana ice cream. It was the only time in her life she has wanted it. She also, seldom eats bananas unless they are mixed in to another food. I thought this was an epilogue worth noting.



While we don't normally pay attention to this, I noticed this morning that this is the 600th time we have posted on prayforbj.com. That is just a whole lot of writing for a family that didn't do it before all this began. While I am not seeking feedback on that issue, I do want to point it out, because of the immense faith journey it has been. Only the Lord could inspire enough words to be shared in this fashion.

It is a blessing to have this as an outlet, and an encouragement to know that the Lord uses it to impact the lives of others in some small way. I am in awe of my God, that he would choose to allow us this opportunity. I do want to thank those of you who remain faithful to checking in here on occasion. You too, have been a significant encouragement.

Tomorrow may be our last entry before our summer overseas. My brother Brad, and daughter Whitney will write from time to time to keep this up. If we have opportunity to update from South America, we will. I know Deanna told you our basic schedule. Tomorrow, we will outline it so that you have a better idea of our movements and how to pray.

Today, I have a meeting with several businessmen in the Christian world. They are in effect, movers and shakers. Our desire is to see the Lord continue to use our story as He sees fit. What happens today, could have significant impact on this in the future.

Five of us (businessmen and missionaries) will travel together to Oklahoma City (a 2 hour drive) and meet with several more. Some are in the publishing world, some are attorneys, some are in the Christian bookstore business and still others are in the Christian film business. I have no idea what the Lord has in store or if anything significant will come of this. Perhaps it will be a time for brothers in Christ to share and encourage one another.

What I do know is that I would be making a mistake if I did not invite your prayer support over an event such as this. You have been alongside of us for nearly two years, and this is one more step in sharing Jesus with a lost and dying world. That is, after all, what we want to accomplish -more than anything else.

I can tell you that I am really unsure what to say, or what my role will be today. I simply ask that the Lord would use my mouth to share what He wants others to hear, and not foolish banter. This is truly about Him, and must remain so.

God bless each of you, and thank you for caring for the Higgins' family. Perhaps the Salvation of Jesus Christ will come to new souls through the continued testimony of one young man who lived his life with "passion, service and faith." He like his Savior, was willing to die that others may live. "I want to have faith like that. I want to die like that.

dad

7 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will be praying for God's will..........

 
At 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless You Higgins'

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blessings on your gathering today, Brent, and all of those meeting. I will also keep you all in prayer as you prepare to begin your mission work around the world.

Without going into details, please cover me in prayer as well as I am struggling with making a very difficult decision that affects my whole family.

Thanks, Tina

 
At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless you Brent. I'll be praying. Thanks for allowing the Lord to use you in so many ways.
Mark \o/

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're already in our prayers...

God bless ya

 
At 5:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Know that my prayers for you and your family go with you each day and have since this all began. I still follow the writing daily and it continues to both bless me as well as touch my heart in a way that I am feeling the pain of your loss as well. May God Bless each of you in everyway.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

true religion outlet, ralph lauren uk, abercrombie and fitch, lacoste pas cher, nike air max, coach outlet, true religion jeans, ugg boots, ray ban uk, sac guess, vanessa bruno, tn pas cher, nike air max, lululemon, ray ban pas cher, replica handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, converse pas cher, ugg boots, kate spade handbags, nike roshe, hollister, hermes, new balance pas cher, michael kors, coach purses, burberry outlet online, michael kors, michael kors, michael kors outlet, nike blazer, nike free run uk, nike air max, vans pas cher, burberry, michael kors, north face, north face, michael kors outlet, true religion jeans, air force, coach outlet, true religion jeans, timberland, mulberry, michael kors outlet, hogan, hollister pas cher, oakley pas cher

 

Post a Comment

<< Home