Monday, November 05, 2007



In the lefthand picture, Deanna is on the left and Whitney on the far right. They were players this weekend, in the drama "Freedom" that BJ acted in while in Peru. Deanna was one of the "People of the Land" who rejected Christ, while Whitney played an "Evil Knight."
In the picture on the right, Lauren is in the front row and Whitney and Deanna are right behind her. This is about 1/4th of the total number of people who participated in our iGo.2 Missions Conference weekend. (you probably know this, but you can click on the pictures to make them larger)
What an incredible weekend! Thank you for your prayer covering! We had people from all over the USA present. From California to Florida and from Oregon to Indiana, there were many participants. Pastor Tito came from Peru, and two nationals from Egypt were present to speak! Both parents and students received a significant blessing by participating with the Lord in a wonderful time of ministry and fellowship. Check out www.awestar.org for more info on our upcoming trips.
Lauren planned the entire event (with some help from the Ridgeway Baptist pastors and Awe Star Staff), and did an amazing job!!!
My heart is extremely full this morning as I reflect on the weekend. We saw the Lord do some amazing things. I heard from students about the things God has been up to in their lives. Some of what they are going through is very good! Some of what they are going through is very troubling!
I suppose this is pretty representative of what is going on in our world.
I know I sometimes I tackle some pretty heavy issues on this site. I know there are times when after reading, we walk away wondering if there is any real hope. I want you to know that if it is ever reflected that there is not, then I am not doing my job well. I truly do get overwhelmed at what I perceive at times as a total misunderstanding from our Christian culture of what needs to be done in our world!
Even last night, as Whitney was returning to Indy and the three of us sat down to catch our breath and watch a movie together, we became overwhelmed at the subject matter. We knew it was tackling a real life issue of the recent past and probably something that is still happening in the world somewhere today.
It was well acted, but it left us emotional over the state of our world and the knowledge of the task before us! Where do we begin?
It is my desire for this to be a place of recognition of the hope we each have in Christ! However, hope does not move forward quickly on immobile feet!
When people continue to die without a saving knowledge of Jesus, and our world seems to continue on a path reflective of Sodom and Gomorrah, the issues of responsibility and direction must be considered.
I am exhausted after a weekend that was truly uplifting. Yet, I cannot rest as there is much to do!
It is far too easy for me to sit back and do nothing, rather than chip away at issues and make baby steps of progress towards accomplishing those things the Lord desires to see.
My request is that as you visit, you take away a bit of understanding that we each share in the responsibility of the things that must be done. Some of us seem to be running on a barrel in open water. It looks like we are going fast, when in truth we are going nowhere, and are about to crash!
Let's put our feet on solid ground...on firm Truth, and move forward!
dad

5 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Truth is in Jesus Christ alone! Once your heart has been circumcised by Him through His Spirit, Truth resignates and the Light of that Truth becomes contagious and real. I am a new believer. And I am in AWE!! Christ was truly present, alive and moving at the iGo Conference this weekend. To Lauren, I thank you for putting together a powerful, inspiring and edifying conference!! It was well worth the drive from Indiana. May your work and the work of AweStar Ministries continue to revolutionize the mission fields ALL over the world, especially here in the States.

I want to offer a message of hope. Every new believer, every prayer, every heart saved by Christ our Lord, every act of love and kindness, EVERY EVERYTHING done in LOVE with glory to God is our HOPE. One touch, prayer or act at a time. Higgins family, you are HOPE to so many that log onto this web site and those whom hear you speak and even beyond. You are hope to the people on the mission field. You are hope to those associated with AweStar. You offer hope to the students who love you. And hope to those who can relate to your testimony. Your prayers and love and support of so many do not go unnoticed, especially by our living God. Keep up the beautiful and often taxing task of remaining faithful and obedient, full of hope in Christ. (Like I NEED to tell you!!) I love you all so much.
Miss you already!
Vicky Ward

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God works in all of us and through us.
Thanks for the update on the weekend. I was praying (because I couldn't be there. I wish I could have been. But I live far away, and I have restrictions.)
But thank you so much. I see what is happening and rejoice. God is so wonderful, powerful, and loving.
I cannot wait for the day when he comes back to get us all.
AMEN!
Love, Leslie.

 
At 4:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We started our missionary conference yesterday and we heard from a former KGB from Russia. He found Christ from his child meeting a missionary's child. And now his life is impacting thousands of Russians. Amazing how Christ can use a child...So one chance meeting with another may be the one to change that persons life. We should always be shining for Christ!

 
At 5:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless,
Greenfield, Indiana

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a Wicked Awesome weekend! Brent, I have to say how humbled I am to be a small part of what you guys are doing. I cannot imagine the road that Walker has had to walk down all these years. It has had to be very difficult. And here you are, called by the Lord to join his side in this great work. I’m so thankful to have had the brief time together. It was a pleasure to put a face with names and voices. We both enjoyed finally meeting your daughters. Not to mention a whole host of students that truly are awesome in the Lord.

Both Joyce and I are so appreciative of the ministry. You’ll like this, she wanted to stay and just help. I told her great! I’m ready to go with my son Josh to the high country in Peru with Tito. PJ wants to go to Egypt. And who knows, what are the odds of any of that happening should the Lord will? Until then, we’ll continue to be missionaries in our jobs. Blessings on you, your family and the ministry. We are praying for you all.

Pete Ace,
Joyce Ace
PJ & Josh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home