Monday, July 28, 2008


the color of the mountains in Peru

What an amazing summer!Thank you so much for the prayer support you provided. This was an incredible time and a difficult time. One that much needed the prayers of many.

We saw the Lord reap and huge harvest! Thousands responded to the Light in dark places! We have so much to be thankful for!

There were 22 people on my team, ranging in age from 13 to 25. They worked together well, and through their obedience saw God move in power.

It is good to be back with my family. I missed them a great deal. However, it has been such a rewarding, yet exhausting time away.

We had to battle spiritual warfare in ways I've never experienced. The enemy rose up against this team and tried to block our attempts to share the Gospel. The team did not allow the enemy to have victory. At no time in the past have I ever seen the Name of Jesus carry such power!

I learned new things in Christ this summer! I am thankful that we love and serve the victor, because the enemy is truly raising a significant fight against the work of those who follow Christ in obedience.

I will update on occassion and share some of what our team experienced. Truly, they were overcomers! In Christ, we all are!

I am taking this week to rest, and hope to be back in full swing next week.

Thank you so much to Deanna and Brad for keeping things moving here! You two did an excellent job! I was truly blessed by your writing!

dad

3 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger Holly S. said...

Hi Brent,

My name's Holly. I just read about your son BJ in "I would die for you" (I finished it today and passed it on to my mom for her to read). He sounded like the most passionate, loving individual, and I wish I'd have gotten the chance to meet him.

Your trip sounds really neat. I'd love to do a missions trip sometime and get the opportunity to share Christ's incredible sacrifice and love with people all around the world. I've looked at the Christmas Mexico trip with Awe Star, but my dad's concerned about the location... what would you recommend for someone interested in missions with beginner's experience?

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Pray for BJ said...

Holly,

Our Christmas trip and Spring Break trips both go to Nuevo Laredo, a city we have been doing missions in, twice a year for 15 years. We have never had any incidents, as the national pastor and his staff we work with make sure we are safe. We also do a 10 day trip to Panama (a team is there right now). We have many students who go on their first mission trip with us to Peru and other locations as well, on our 30 day teams. Feel free to write me at brent.higgins@awestar.org for more information. We would love to connect you, and greatly appreciate you taking the time to write and share your heart. Your parents can also call 1-800-AWE-STAR and talk to Walker Moore (our President and founder) or myself if that would be helpful.

Thanks Holly!

brent

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Holly S. said...

Thanks Brent! =)

Holly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home