Monday, August 24, 2009


My beautiful bride!

I was quite surprised to go to prayforbj.com this weekend and find that our domain name had expired. In the beginning, when we began here, friends set it all up for us, and the thought never occurred to me that it might come to an end.

For those who have found this, you either had it saved under the actual correct address (www.prayforbj.blogspot.com), or got here circumventing the normal means. Hopefully, I will have reacquired our domain name very soon, and the point will be moot.

Many times I have pondered letting this site go. Through the years, I have begun to write a bit less. Frequently, I have nothing to say, and yet feel the Lord gives me a word when I sit down to write.

God shows us periodically that He is still using this site to do ministry. I hear via email from people who are negotiating the perils in life, and we get to offer encouragement. We praise Him for this, and trust Him to reveal Himself to them.

If you are reading this, please pray we make the right decision at this point. It would be very easy to be... done. We want to do what is right, not what is easy.

I am thankful that we have a Savior that does not forget about us, or let us go. When we give ourselves to Him, it is forever. It doesn't just last four years, and then He forgets about us, and we have to re-purchase the right to use His name.

He drew us, before we could receive Him. When we said "yes" to Him, He opted to hold us for eternity.

We may fail and forget others. They may fail and forget us. Jesus never will. He is there with us, and cares deeply for each one of us. We need to make our faith action. We need to keep current, our pursuit of Him.

Even in the darkest of times, He is present. He is loving. He abides.

We need to do likewise, in Him!

dad

10 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm praying that you will know what to do and that you will be comfortable with your decision either way. you have poured so much into the site and into your service to Him; know that we support you always!!

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can understand how this takes time to update. While it is part of a daily ritual for me to open, you are providing ministry in other areas. Be at peace knowing that God will guide you to the correct decision.
God Bless,
Greenfield, IN

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to let you know that I've truly appreciated this site. But, whatever the decision, I know God will lead you in His will. I'll be praying for you.

Lisa
Santa Cruz, CA

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Marti Pieper said...

Funny because I was already praying for you on this one. But I don't imagine Jesus is surprised.

praying in pink
with tender love,

Marti

 
At 12:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for pouring into this site! I have been following your site for over a year and I am always encouraged by the messages and enjoy seeing the journey of your family. This has been a blessing to me. Prayerfully, Hartford, CT

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger gilbert said...

brent - i just wanted you to know how encouraging your blogs have been to me and to many - i pray you'll know the Lord's clear guidance for the future - you and your family have become friends to me even though i have not met you yet - with love-in-Jesus - gilbert.

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't want to sound selfish, but I would really miss reading your blog. I was just thinking the other day that maybe you should write another book about all the things that happen on the mission trips.

 
At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Shelby's folks said...

Praying with you guys. And FOR you guys. Our hearts think of you often this time of year. Continually amazed at our Creator!

 
At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great this morning to turn on my computer and have Deanna's face appear.
Aunt Maralyn

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

I have visited this site for the past four years. I keep coming back because God continues to gift your blog. It is fresh, poignant, thought provoking and so much more. I pray that God would give you wisdom in how to proceed in the blogs future. Thanks for your honesty and how you write. You are making a difference and God is working through you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home