Monday, August 17, 2009


A yummy fruit, whose name I forget! (it is called rambutan or mamón chino in Panama)


I think I am done traveling for a while. I returned from time with my family, and it was a blessing!

It has literally been all summer since I really shared and I find I don't even know where to begin. So much has happened.

Deanna and I had an incredible team in Peru this summer! They were such a blessing to us, to each other and to those in Peru.

Many on this team were called of the Lord partially as a result of having read, "I Would Die for You." With that knowledge comes a pressure that the enemy would like to use to beat us down.

Deanna and I are very normal people complete with flaws and all. Sometimes our fear is that those who read, are called, and then go, will have expectations that are unrealistic.

We want them to have an amazing experience in the Lord and we work to be submissive to His direction to assure that they can. However, our shortcomings are exposed over the course of time, and this is never flattering.

The enemy works hard against the fabric of a marriage on the mission field. Fortunately, we serve a God who knows this, and provides for our teams in spite of our failures...even when they on occasion play out in front of our new family.

I am so thankful that Deanna and I were together this summer. I don't want to lead teams without her if I can help it. She is too precious to me, and I am most thankful for her. The ten days I was in Panama, and then the week in Indy and Wisconsin apart from her, were enough. God called us to be one for a reason. Long seasons apart are not a routine part of that plan.

Today, I head back to the office for the first time since June something. I am rather looking forward to it! I miss the Awe Star family. I am blessed to be able to serve alongside some incredible people. The time away has helped refocus me to the directions I need to head.

I do promise to start telling stories from the field. Right now, they are like a logjam at the throat of a river. Pressure is building and they are ready to explode forth. I just need to let them release one at a time, lest things become confusing.

Spending the summer with 23 people in Peru and 18 in Panama, brings about many God glorifying events. We saw thousands come to faith in Him. The daunting task of trying to get them plugged in and discipled begins when we leave. In many respects, we have the easy part! That is a whole lot of people to try to connect. The logistics are in place to do so, but it will take time, energy and much prayer. Please join us in praying for the churches who try to assimilate these folks as well as the new believers. We don't want them to slip into the background of life, after having the most important experience they have ever had!

Thank you for your faithfulness to Him. You know, He cares for you!

brent

2 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless,
Greenfield, IN

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Cheri K. said...

I just got done reading your book. (Tammy, a friend of mine, recommended that I read it and let me borrow her copy.) I don't even know what to say but wow, and thank you. Your faith is so great. I know a little about the pain that you are in. I lost my husband of nine years to cancer about ten months ago. It is a daily struggle to continue on to raise our two small children. It's not like losing a child, but still rough. I rely on the Heavenly Father for the strength and comfort I need to carry on. I will continue to pray that God used you and BJ's story to reach others for Christ. God Bless you. Onward for HIS Glory, Alone!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home