Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I guess it is fleshly to do, but when an event as difficult as losing a child occurs, you look for validation of that life. One could argue that that is why we have continued to post for as long as we have. I can tell you honestly that I would have stopped a long time ago, had the Lord not continued to provide ministry through this site. He has faithfully provided words when there were none in my heart.

Many of you have been with us from the beginning of this journey. You have laughed, cried, and prayed as the Spirit of the Lord moved upon you. Please know that we as a family are eternally thankful for this support. You have ministered to us as much as anything we have done.

It has been seven months since our son, BJ went home to spend eternity with Christ our Savior. We have the peaceful assurance that we will one day worship side by side with him again. We miss the opportunities we had to do this. He was such a passionate lover and worshipper of Christ. He lived a very full life in his almost 16 years.

We are so very thankful to Bart and the guys for how they have poured into our lives through "Die for You." The validation the Lord has given to our sons memory will resonate through the nations, as the money from this song funds scholarships to send his replacements. Over, and over, year after year, we pray that this happens for a long time to come. Our God has blessed us with opportunities to share his story in many states, and that has helped us heal from his loss.

Ultimately, the only thing that matters is that Christ is glorified. That is what BJ wanted, and it is what our family wants. Beej's life and death validates the need we all have for a Savior. It points to the love of a God who cared enough for you and I that He sent His only Son to die, that we might live.

Though many may choose not to believe it, He may call others to lay their lives down if through it He can receive greater glory, and draw others to Himself. Is there a greater purpose in life than knowing Christ, and understanding the need to be willing to do whatever He asks, regardless of the outcome or circumstances? There was none for Beej, and he has taught me that there should be none for me.

I miss him more than I can convey. However, I have a loving Savior who meets me where I am, and provides for me. I will serve Him with all I have, and all that I am until my turn to go home arrives. He is my God, and I love Him.

dad

17 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God has used this to minister to me in many different ways. Thank you for sharing your "lives" with us. Those of you who are following along with Erik and Kelly (www.erikandkelly.ministryhome.org) in their trial right now, PRAY! I only know them through this connection as I know BJ and your family. God will be glorified through the circumstances of our life when we allow Him to reign in our life.

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Received and listened to my copy of Mercyme - WOW. Amazing to see how our God can use a single life sold out to Him.
Mark, OH

 
At 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Brent and Deanna,
The 26th day of the month will always invoke in me more intense prayers for you.

Got my MercyMe cd in the mail on Monday! Thank you.

Thanks so much for pouring your lives into ours.

Love always,
Dan
Deer Park, TX

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glory be to our God!! I couldn't wait to pick up the MercyMe CD yesterday -- and I had a very emotional moment listening to the words of BJ's song - "I'd die for you"!! Inspiring. It made me read the "Celebration of BJ's life" flyer that was handed out at his service. I still get chills when I read the words that BJ had written. Then I decided to review this blog (partially!!). I read all the blogs that had journal entries. Lord have mercy!! The Spirit of our Lord is using BJ's life, this blog, the songs written, the mission fields, the tears shed, the JOYS of sharing Christ with others and the JOY of being in Him to further His Kingdom. The power. The incredible response to this life of BJ Higgins. The incredible response of the Lord in your family for continuing this blog. God Bless You All as you continue on this journey of GLORIFYING OUR LORD!!
Vicky

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the months of sharing on this site. It has touched my life, I will be forever grateful!!

 
At 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your post today doesn't mean it's coming to an end. There are many of us still reading the blogs. While many of us may not post back often, i read them daily. They are so important to me! Thank you so much for what you and your family has done through this site. God Bless You

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just recieved my copy of the new MercyMe CD in the mail yesterday. I just read your story about your son inside the cover. WOW! What an amazing child. My heart is breaking as I write this to you. Thank you for sharing as I will pass this on to others.
-Randy
KS.

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless you...while I don't post daily, I do log on daily. Your words are a ministry to me. You are correct...there is nothing more important in life than to give glory to God, which I fail at miserably. Should you ever need to let this blog go, have peace with your decision...Greenfield, Indiana

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Brent,

I so enjoyed listening to "To Die For You" today. In fact, we have a gentlemen staying with us right now for just a few days, a fellow Christian, who lost his son a 18 mos. ago in a drowning at their house. Strong, Christian young man of 14. He was discussing reviewing scholarship applications for the scholarship they set up in their son's name. I went an got my brand new CD out of the car, handed him the jacket cover to read your note and then played the song for him. He was deeply moved. I then share a bit more of your family's journey through BJ's suffering and where it has brought you to today. BJ's love for and devotion to following God's call on his life has and continues to touch so many lives. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

On a separate note, I played golf with Vickie today. She also mentioned that Brad will be having surgery. I had the same surgery and so, Brad, if you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call (Vickie has the #) or to email me at tmdmktg@sbcglobal.net

Blessings and peace be yours on this day of remembering.
Tina

 
At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, sharing does help with healing! Thank you for sharing with us through your healing. Certainly, there will always be an aching in your heart even in the peace only God can give. But as you have shared, you have not only validated your son's life, but also enabled many to find purpose in their own situations. "All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ...(who) comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others." God has used your blog to encourage and uplift me as nothing else has. Thank you for keeping on for so long. I would have greatly missed many blessings if you had stopped. The MercyMe CD is one more amazing way God is using BJ's life and homegoing. Now, I look forward to purchasing and reading and sharing the book when it is published. I cannot thank you enough for sharing from your heart, for being so transparent, and for sharing thoughts most definitely inspired by God. Continuing to pray for your family...and welcome to Tulsa!

 
At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Greenfield's post! Thinking of you and your family all the time...

 
At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got my copy of the new Mercyme CD and I have listened to BJ's tribute song at least 10 times. Simple awesome. That is all I can say

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The 26th has come and gone. It reminds me that life goes on, and that God has a great plan that we don't always understand. The 26th reminds me that God is in control even when we are out of control.
Jeannie

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for contuing to post. It means the world to me

 
At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

An idea: It sounds as though you may be ready to back down from daily blogging on this site. Perhaps you could set up a new blogsite that honors BJ's memory and legacy, one that would tell his story, and admonish teens and adults alike to step forth to fulfill BJ's dream of seeing the world evangelized. The new site, dedicated to his legacy, would be similar to what you are doing in your new work. You too have commited to continuing his dream. It would be appropriate to do a similar thing on this site - I think even continued healing for you would ensue. Then you could post on there, if not daily, then weekly. God has given you an amazing ability to write with conviction. That way, everyone could stay in touch, keep current, and feel connected. It is a connection no one wants to lose.
Pray about this idea.
Love you all, thankful for the connection we share from all around the country and world.

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am another that you and your son continue to minister to as I read your blog. You are a teacher and an encourager in the faith, and our Lord is using you broadly and deeply through this. Thank you for taking the time to post, and may He use you in whatever way is best for the kingdom. God bless you always!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home