Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Well, Whitney is a counselor at youth camp this week, and the server is/has been down at Brad's work for a time.

All of our leaders arrived in good shape, and the first training day went very well. We have much to be thankful for to our Father God.

This morning when I got up to spend time with the Lord, I discovered I had left my (reading) glasses at the training venue. I headed to the bookshelf to find a "large print" edition of the Bible. Fortunately it was there.

Unfortunately, it didn't help much. My blurry eyes still struggled to make out each word. I pressed on, not willing to give up my time. However, I found it difficult to focus mentally, just as I struggled to get my eyes to zero in.

Whitney, a nursing student, told me my issue is that as one ages, the elasticity in the eye stiffens, rendering one into a mode of squinting as we try to force focus...focus that usually does not come. Frustrating!

After my shower, I climbed out and as I dried off, peered into the mirror. In that instant, a momentary horror gripped me. Now I couldn't see myself at a distance either...oh wait, that is just the steam covering the mirror.

It sounds foolish, but I have always enjoyed and been thankful for my eyesight. Deanna and I each bragged for years that we were the only two people in either of our families to not wear glasses.

Not any more.

Around two years ago, that began to change rather dramatically. Yes, there were other factors involved, but it certainly seems that the stresses of life...and death, have clouded my ability to see normally.

I pray that as we head to Peru, that our vision is not clouded by human weakness, but cleared to sharp acuity by His Holy presence.

Praise God for all He has provided!

dad

5 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please know that I am keeping you, your family, and all the teams in my prayers as you minister and travel to and into Peru and other places. I have copied off your schedule and will be following it closely. God bless you all.

Leah Pinnick

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless,
Greenfield, Indiana

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brent, the older, wider, and greyer I get, the more thankful I am that I CAN'T see myself well in the mirror in the bathroom each morning!! I'm more content that way and consider THAT a blessing from God! LOL Keeping you all in prayer and excited to learn how He will use all of you in days and weeks ahead. Draw your swords, give a cry to heaven and declare the name of JESUS!!
Mark \o/

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Continuing on our knees to lift you up!

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

louboutin shoes, nike roshe run, louis vuitton outlet, nike outlet, longchamp pas cher, oakley sunglasses, ralph lauren pas cher, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, nike free, prada outlet, christian louboutin outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp, longchamp outlet, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton, kate spade outlet, louboutin, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, gucci outlet, burberry, louboutin outlet, replica watches, louis vuitton, louboutin pas cher, air max, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, nike air max, polo ralph lauren outlet, uggs on sale, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, ugg boots, michael kors, replica watches, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, sac longchamp, nike free, jordan shoes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home