Friday, June 08, 2007

Yesterday was amazing! The Spirit of the Lord hovered over us. There were 10 of us who met, and describing the meeting will be anti-climactic. We did not come out of it with action plans, but did make some incredible contacts. It was amazing to sit down with the three men who produced "The End of the Spear." They are passionate, visionary men, who are humble and gentle. We heard about their next project called "Miss HIV" set in Botswana, Africa. This is likely to be controversial, but makes you think and assess your values. We got to see the first 5 minutes of it.

As we pray, they join us in that and are sifting through their contacts to determine the best possible vehicles to get our story out. It is not likely they will produce anything for us, but I did not really expect them to. I value the hours we spent together, and believe the Lord will use that time for His gain in the future!

On the way to the meeting, I was riding with our agent (among many others) and received the first mock-up copy of the "I Would Die for You" book cover (on his blackberry)! I immediately called Deanna and she got on-line to view it. We were absolutely thrilled! What Revell came up with exceeded our expectations! We Praise God for how He continues to orchestrate this for His greatest glory!

We will suggest a minor alteration, and pray that will be the end product. That same book cover should appear in the next month or so, on the Revell website, under "Coming Soon." I can't tell you when, but if you check periodically, you will find it.

Anyway, here is an outline of our schedule for the summer:

June 11-14 Leadership training (in Sapulpa, Oklahoma)

June 15 travel to Dallas to receive MOM's and POP's (small group discussion leaders) and train them

June 16 train MOM's and POP's in the morning, and receive balance of student missionaries in the afternoon and begin training

June 17-19 train teams in drama and discipleship

June 20 fly to respective countries (Ecuador, India, Panama and Peru)

June 21-July 16 ministry in each country

July 17 shopping and travel day

July 18 return to Dallas for debriefing

July 19 Debriefing

July 20 send 30 day teams home, and receive the Panama 10-day team and begin training them

July 21 train Panama 10-day team

July 22 send off the Panama 10-day team, and we return home (collapse)

Again, thank you so much for lifting each team up in prayer over the next couple of months!

We value your support through prayer and encouragement! If the measure of the ministry response for the summer has anything to do with the extreme amount of spiritual warfare we have experienced in the last month, we are in for an incredible summer for the Lord!

Praise God, and Amen!

dad

6 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to know how Blessed you are that your son's faith still influences people so strongly.

I happened to find your blog ~ quite by accident. I started reading and just kept reading. I have to tell you I am totally amazed. I am having a hard time finding the words to write.

I feel so Blessed to even have the privilege to read about your son and the life he had. That young man had more of a life in 15 years than most of us could even begin to hope for in 90 years. He really touched my life as did your family.

May God Bless you and your family in all your future endeavors and know that your son has yet touched another life.

Thank you for sharing your joys, pain and faith.

 
At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Sarah Barnes. I don't know how well you all remember me, but I think of you quite often. I recently ran into a friend that I met through BJ. When he got sick this friend and I became closer. Although I hadn't really spoken to her in a long time (or at least what felt like it) she went right back to the type of conversation that seemed normal to us at one point.
We talked about everything: school, work, family, other friends, and, of course, BJ. So, I guess I just wanted to say hello and let you know that I was thinking about you. I hope you all have a great summer!

With Love,
Sarah Barnes

 
At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your daily words of encouragement. My prayers will be with all of you in the weeks ahead. May God bless you all.

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Marti Pieper said...

You know we are

praying in pink
with tender love

Marti and all the Piepers
Charleston, SC

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a schedule. I got tired just reading it! Prayers that God will sustain all who are learning the drama, traveling and leading.

God's blessings,
Tina

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

louboutin shoes, nike roshe run, louis vuitton outlet, nike outlet, longchamp pas cher, oakley sunglasses, ralph lauren pas cher, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, nike free, prada outlet, christian louboutin outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp, longchamp outlet, tory burch outlet, louis vuitton, kate spade outlet, louboutin, ray ban sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, gucci outlet, burberry, louboutin outlet, replica watches, louis vuitton, louboutin pas cher, air max, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, nike air max, polo ralph lauren outlet, uggs on sale, prada handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, ugg boots, michael kors, replica watches, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, sac longchamp, nike free, jordan shoes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home