Tuesday, February 26, 2008

We recently received a writing from a young lady in the midwest. Her name is Jill. She illustrated and wrote a paper about a young man by the name of BJ. I wish I could show you this paper. Perhaps I will figure out a way to do so. For now, I want to describe for you what she has done.

The cover begins with: A TRUE STORY, dedicated to the Higgins
title: BJ AND THE FOUR POLICEMEN

Page 1:

Once there was a boy named Brent Junior (BJ for short). He was fifteen. He loved God. Let's put it this way, say if you were in a pool and somebody pulled you under the water and after some time let you up. As much as you would want that air, that's how much BJ wanted God to be in his life.


One day he went to Peru. Right behind him, standing, were four policemen. BJ felt God wanting him talk to these policemen.

The next page is illustration. She has drawn BJ (it even looks like him) standing in the foreground with his Bible, and four policemen, in various poses in the background. One is sitting on the police car. A thought bubble protrudes from BJ's mind with the question, "You want me to do what?"

BJ was surprised, and wondered, "God I hope you know what you are doing," and went to them, witnessed to them and prayed with them. And a little after, all four of them were baptized.

BJ was a great boy and loved God so much. And right now, he is in heaven with God.

THE END.

The last page is another illustration. It is a picture of BJ kneeling, facing one of the policemen who is also kneeling. BJ is holding out the Bible, the other man has his hands folded and both are praying. As they pray, a shaft of light descends and engulfs them from the heavens. Off to their left stands another policeman with his head lifted skyward looking toward the light. He is also seeking God, from the looks of it.

For BJ's life to impact children in a way that they can understand, is a blessing to us. He cared a great deal for children. He took time with them and loved on them. He leaves behind a legacy of that love. His testimony and his life will always point us to Christ.

dad

5 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Had to let you know that I just received my copy of the book. I'm so eager to start reading. Now it's time for me to backtrack and read so many previous blog entries. Although I haven't been commenting, you have always been in my thoughts and prayers.

In His Love
Linda

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am behind on reading your entries since I have been gone. Praise God for the miracles in the village in Africa. The hope and restoration!!

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brent, thank you for sharing this story, itself a good illustration of BJ...better than I could have come up with.

Brad

 
At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I Just finished reading "I Would Die For You". It has inspired me in more ways than one. My mom works at the North America Mission Board (NAMB) and she brought the book home randomly one day saying "I saw this laying on the table of books, I thought you might like it". I have to be honest, I don't read much, so I stuck the book in my night stand. but lately I've been struggling in my faith and decided to pick it up. From the moment I read the first page, to the last pages of the IM message, I was inspired. Your son must have been an amazing man. Even though I never met him, in reading this book I feel like I know him :). He's inspired me to trust God and to lay down my life. I'm going on my second mission trip this summer to Alaska, and I only hope to touch as many people as your son did.
"God is not religion, he is reality"
Thank and Praise be to God

Rebecca age:16, Cumming, GA

 
At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Higgins, 3/3/08
I am glad that you liked my story.
Mrs. Wilson was the one that informed
me about www.prayforbj.com I was surprised to see my story online. Thank you for my nice card you made. I really liked it, hope all is well with you. Thanks again
Jill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home