Saturday, August 20, 2005

Last night was uneventful for BJ, and today was mostly as well. Quiet days are good days, and we are encouraged, though we remember this is a process. He had his breathing tube changed today, but that was a minor blip. His oxygen level was around 80% all day, though when I left it was a bit down.
I want all of you to understand something. I am fully aware that my brother is FULLY in God's hands. We all agree that God has big plans for BJ. My terror in this whole situation is not that I don't trust what God is doing here. I have not forgotten my faith; I am leaning on it, and I know that God is not limited by this disease or his chances of survival. But the seriousness of it all is real, and the chances are real, and these are important facts in BJ's overall story and my family's understanding of and reaction to what is happening. We know that God will be glorified regardless of whether or not my brother dies. This is the hard part. Even though many of you are convinced he will live, as I believe as well, we must realize that God's power is not limited to one remaining in this life. BJ's life has and will continue to touch many people. I am not saying I think he won't make it. I believe he will. But I need you to understand that we must prepare ourselves for the different ways in which God may show Himself. Please be sensitive to this when commenting.
As always, thank you for continuing to battle for Beej and our family. We can never tell you how grateful and humbled we are by it. :):):):):)
Positively, Lauren.

2 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Brent, I have been praying for BJ every since I heard and will continue to do so. Your support is with the Lord that you serve. He will sustain you and your wife.Julia and I will still be praying for BJ. We Love you guys.
Just know we care. Ben & Julia

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marla,

We have praying for BJ and all the family since we heard.

We are keeping all of you in our prayers.

Kevin & Tina Rutz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home