Monday, December 26, 2005

I trust the joy of our Savior has embraced you this season. The season of light. What a blessing to be together with family, the comfort of those familiar, those who celebrated many Christmases with Beej. The memories of his sweet presence among us, and all the things he did that were never discussed until they became memories of that which will not reoccur.

My brother (the photographer among us) has gifted us with framed pictures of Beej. Many, never seen before, as he has rolls of film stored in his home that he has not yet developed. How thankful we are for that (new treasures, yet to come). He has had prints made of pictures which have more meaning now than they would have.

One such example is from July 4, 1997 (Beej was 7). He has a sparkler in his hand. The picture is taken after dark, and is time lapsed. Though his face is blurry, his activity is clear. Brad chose a caption from Beej's writings... "I will not let my light be hidden." Appropriately, the movement of the sparkler has formed a "J." Signifying the very light that resided within his heart, the light with whom he now dwells. How precious is that? Another 'old memory' made new, with the precision and timing of a loving Lord, through a compassionate brother/uncle.

Another was taken summer before last. This one is 16"x20." I think my cousin Becky actually took the picture. BJ stands in front of the childhood home of my father, in Wisconsin. The rusty roof, weathered windows, and trim, thirsty for paint is the backdrop for a young man who strained to remember a man who played a huge role in his early life... one who no doubt, greeted him first when he was called home!

These are precious to us, all of us. For now they adorn the walls of this cabin, where 13 members of his family remember, and rejoice. For while we are sad that he is no longer with us, the Holy Spirit, the promised Comforter is ministering to our hearts, collectively, and individually. Thank you Lord Jesus, Light of the world.

Blog family, thank you so much for spending yourselves for us. Your constant prayers, e-mails, notes of encouragement, Christmas cards and gifts (Thank you Marti-how yummy! Thank you Laurel, how beautiful!) have been a great source of strength in a most difficult time. We love and appreciate you more than we'll ever be able to express!

dad

9 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am happy to know that you enjoyed this holiday. Thank you somuch for continuing to press on and setting an example among the believers and non-believers. Thank you for your dedication to the Father and fot the work that you are all doing to further the kingdom.

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Higgins Family,
Thank you for continuing to share your hearts with us. I am so thankful that you have that relationship with our Saviour so that you can grieve yet have joy. So many in the world cannot understand that.
It was nice to "meet" you at the concert last week, even if it was only to wave and acknowledge each other.
I continue to pray for your healing and for the ministry you have on this blogsite.

Susie
Evansville, IN

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for continuing these daily writings. I am so blessed, refreshed, and touched each day when I read. You could write a devotional with all these daily encouragements. May God continue to bless and comfort you. Leah Pinnick

 
At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so thankful that you were able to find the joy on Christmas to sustain you all enough to give glory to our Lord once again!

 
At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! I hope the package is coming soon. Let me know if it gets there.
email: laurenszabo@aol.com

enjoy the holidays!
love,
Lauren Szabo

 
At 1:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and your family are still in my prayers.

 
At 2:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello family,
DJ here and I just wanted to say that I love you guys and hope that you had a very merry Christmas. Once again I love you,
Praying,
DJ

 
At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brent, I'm afraid I cannot take credit for the photo of BJ out at the Higgins farm in Wisconsin. If Brad didn't take it, then Nina, Marla or one of the other family members must have. I did have a photo of BJ with Deanna taken in Aunt Millie's front yard, but I didn't have any of BJ out at the farm. I do have some copies of some photos and other things that I want to send to you, but will not be able to get it all together until I return home later this week. Even though I have wanted to send them before now, with the crazyness of my semester I haven't been able to get them together. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you come to the end of this life-changing year, and begin a new one with such bittersweet emotions. I love you all. May you continue to know God's peace.

Love,
Becky

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning Brent & Deanna,

Just heading off to work and wanted to thank Deanna, Whitney and Lauren for that beautiful song they sang at church. What voices!
Truly gifts from God. We all know what courage it must take to keep singing after BJ's passing, but what a ministry it is! Please never stop singing for our Lord, it was truly a blessing! Wishing you a relaxing rest of the week and a blessed New Year. Take care.

Love, Nancy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home