Friday, March 31, 2006

We have had the privilege of having many guests into our home since BJ passed. His friends, our friends, and both combined. The fellowship we have enjoyed has been very precious to us. Most of our time is spent in either the kitchen or the great room. However, we occasionally head to the back of the house, and relax in the den. The den is situated in front of BJ's room. Often our guests are drawn into that place.

When he was with us, that room was a haven for him. A place he could escape his frustrations, play his favorite music loud without bothering us, play his video games, draw, study God's Word, worship, and pray. He made good use of that room... his room... his quiet place.

Entering that room remains a significant part of our lives. When we need to feel his presence, we enter. When we need to remember, we go in. When we need to release our pent up emotions, we fall down and let go by his bed. There is no question, that we feel him near, in there.

I have noticed that when others enter that room, what they experience is significant. To some it brings closure. To others, laughter at memories they have of things that reside there or events brought back to mind. Still others quickly discover their tears where they did not expect to find them. Even more, remove their shoes, get on their faces, and share in the presence of God, and the memories of a young man so committed to Christ. Though it is very strange to write or read, it has in fact felt like, Holy ground.

Noone has left unmoved. Most have stated that it was harder than they expected... more emotional, but they were glad they entered in.

Thus is the room in our house where our son resided, where the presence of the Lord still has dominion.

I cannot tell you how hard it is going to be to leave that room behind, knowing we will never set up another room for him to inhabit. It makes me sick to my stomach, even as I think about it.

How much more then do I Praise our God, that He has created a room in it's place. He did so before my son ever even entered his room. He did so with us in mind.

It is a beautiful room, adorned with the sweet presence of Christ Jesus! Physically, the way it appears is beyond fair description. Just to know that His presence is always there, is descriptive enough. It is Holy ground, but you don't need to remove your shoes. It will cause you to fall to your knees, but not out of ritual or rite... but out of communion with the risen Christ, and the desperation that beckons Him near from within the cry of your soul.

It is a room that is different in every home, though it serves the same purpose. How we decorate it, is a direct result of the depth of our love for Him. We cannot fill it with gold or silver, or fine linens or perfumes.

We fill it from a heart broken for Christ, from the heart of a servant who does not care to better his own disposition, but only to share the love of the Master.

This room is within you and within me. It is the temple of the Holy Spirit. He resides there, and I can go there to feel His presence. I can go there to remember. I can even go there to release pent up emotion, as I pour my heart out to the only One who can truly understand.

Jesus, I love you!!!

brent

11 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deeply profound words! WOW!

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.. I loved reading this. Thanks dad.

In Christ's Love,
Brit

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never been to your house, and won't get the privilege of ever seeing BJ's room, but i can picture something in my mind... see him sitting on his bed intently studying his Bible or jamming out on the guitar, his own worship service to the Lord.
I'm praying for you, especially as the time gets closer to pack everything up. Change takes alot of courage. and oh my is it hard! I love you guys soo much!
Mary

 
At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey parents!

sorry its been a few days.. i was on a school senior trip in Colorado..skiing my legs away. It was good fun, good fellowship..and we all came back unharmed!
I'm not sure that i would be strong enough to enter his room..looking at his picture that i keep in my Bible is enough to move me to tears..much less to be where he slept, and lived, and communed w/his Lord.

i love you guys immensely..i'm praying always

~kristin

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Brent,

Even though I have not been in BJ's room, or your house for that matter, emotions stirred as I read your post. My heart wept for you both. I can't even begin to imagine all the thoughts and emotions that are running through you both as you prepare to pack up that "special" room. But how reassuring to know that wherever you are you have the presence of our Lord and Savor, Jesus Christ, and wherever you are you will always have the most precious memories of your son,BJ, who now has a new room, prepared for him by Jesus.
You and your family continue to remain in my thoughts and prayers.

In His Love
Linda
Shawnee,OK

 
At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On this very room, there is quite anough love for all the world, for Jesus, yes, Jesus, is in this very room!!!

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was there a Bloggers Reunion?? I must have missed that information. I am so sorry I didn't get to meet you all. I guess being anonymous, keeps me anonymous - I just haven't thought of a good name for myself.
Thanks tho!!
Mary

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for the many life lessons and the time you have invested in this ministry over the months. My heart is always encouraged when I come here. I count it an honor to uplift your family to our Father.
Brynden
Missouri

 
At 2:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your words continue to inspire me. Your love for the Lord is contagious. Thank you for continuing to blog.
Love in Christ,
Cathy

 
At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found this site with random surfing last night and I am so touched by it, it makes me wish i had known BJ personally, he was such an amazing man of God and in these exerpts and his journal it has really made me turn my walk with God around....God has a plan for everything and it is quite obvious what his plan was with BJ, you should be very proud parents, your son is an amazing man and i can tell will forever be remember by many

 
At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am here because of search results for blogs with a related topic to mine.
Please,accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
I have a used car western new york site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home