Thursday, September 14, 2006

When things are difficult it is so very helpful to have people rally around you. It is even cooler when this happens unintentionally. I mean those times when people don't know it is a tough day, but prompted by the Lord they call, visit, or come over. We have been the recipients of these gestures on many occasions over the last year.

This past week has been such a blessing. We have seen many students (Awe Star alum and others) , parents, family and friends call to check in. Just to see how things are going. In the office, I have seen many students over the past couple of weeks and that is such a blessing! Did I tell you one blogger family drove five hours one way to be with us at Snellville last Sunday night? I cannot tell you what joy all this brings.

However, my heart is very heavy for Deanna. She has taken a new teaching position which the Lord provided. Her experience right now is not a good one, and she is hurting. Her forte' is elementary music. The job provided for her is middle school choir, where she has as many as 50 students or more in multiple classes. She is an excellent teacher, but feels rather chewed up and spewed out, just now.

She has contemplated many options, and is trying to fight through. Her administration is very supportive of her efforts and want her to succeed. I know part of her weariness is from battling students who don't care that are constantly in her presence, while the one student she cares most about is no longer.

Body of Christ, you all have been such a blessing and given us so much encouragement. I need to visit this well one more time and ask that you lift her up. Being so far from family and best friends has in some ways crippled her ability to cope. It is not that we aren't with people who care here in Tulsa, we are. But those who know her best and have supported her most are nine hours away. Those miles are not just physical, but weigh heavy, emotionally.

She will not be pleased that I have put this out publicly, but I know she needs reinforcement. Will you please lift her up?

The upcoming anniversary is difficult enough to endure without simultaneous hits from elsewhere. She will survive because she is strong. I just know she needs encouragement.

Thank you,

brent

She cannot access this site at her school and we do not have internet at home, so here is how you can contact her:

dhiggins@sapulpa.k12.ok.us or
deanna.higgins@awestar.org

9 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless you....
there is an email message at awestar for her
Greenfield, Indiana

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On our knees, NOW!

Oh, how great it is to be able to share in the rejoicing AND help carry the burden of family. It is all about Him, His family, glorifying Him and the lost watching all of it so that they may come to Him.

We love you & are so blessed to be able to know how we might help!

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Dad, you'll be in deep do-do with your wife, for a second or two. You're a brave man! LOL And a good one. Thanks for the heads up. Praying (and emailing) in Ohio.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have to echo what on our knees wrote. What a blessing for us to know how we should pray. Thank you Brent, emailing now.

In His Love
Linda

 
At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Higgins Family,
Today has been a year since my grandbaby Jayden went to heaven. I keep busy with Kaylee. If i didnt have her it would be alot harder to cope each day. Tabby has been working two jobs trying to stay busy. We lost someone else in our family today. It was sudden. He had a brain (anurism)?? His brother is in the same crypt as Jayden. We are walking on Oct.1st with Light The Night. That is keeping us busy also. We are having t-shirts made again and trying to get people to walk and or donate with us. Well I will go for now. I read your site everyday and I think about you all everyday. I feel like we will always have a connection. All my love,
Tammy

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I would not be happy if my husband posted something like this about me - so I will pray for your safety :) But I know that you did it totally out of love. So be assured that we are praying much!

 
At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what to say, but I am grateful for you and your family. Praying for you as well, I love reading.

Brit

 
At 2:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mom and dad--

i'm praying always. i hope you know.

love and miss you both.
~kristin

 
At 9:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you Family
Praying in INdy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home