Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I must say that each morning as I arrive at the computer, the Lord provides something for me to share. I have feared that the time would come when I would get here and...nothing. I think that day has found me. Clarity has taken a vacation.

There is much going on in our lives, and sometimes I am not very good at sifting through it all, and keeping it compartmentalized. When I do this effectively, I can look at many different issues, and tend to each of them. Sometimes, in all honesty, you just get overwhelmed with life, and all that is coming at you, and feel like you have nothing left.

There is no doubt that the Lord has extended significant blessing our way. We are most thankful for His constant provision. We do not take it for granted. We are constantly amazed at Him. We don't always agree with His methods, but we love Him for His sacrifice, and have certainly learned that His ways are better than our own. We do our best to submit to Him, His authority, and His direction.

I think we thought that He would shield us from further suffering after losing BJ. What He in fact has taught us, is that suffering is a routine part of being a believer. We aren't very good at it, but we are learning to embrace it, and carry on with our lives.

Today, I am just humbled that He finds us worthy to suffer on His behalf. He certainly suffered for us. If our suffering brings Him glory, as Beej once so eloquently put it, then suffer we shall. And we will do our best not to complain about it.

God Bless!

dad

5 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I very much needed that this morning. I too this week have been handed a spoon full of humble pie. And once again, it has left me broken and in tears. Thank God for that. This week I have come to realize that sometimes when I think I dont need it- that is when I do need it most. I am still learning... Thank God he is still there in my corner- forever waiting for me.

Kurt Bachmann
Drumright, Oklahoma

GO POKES! Yes homecomming was an upset- but the pride lives on, even if in a few less Pokers!

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger Kim Mierau said...

whether or not i have had to deal with much suffering in my life, your words were good for me to read today. very good. love *kim

 
At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought you said you didn't have anything to share! Your words as always are encouraging and thought provoking, pointing me to Christ. Thanks for your openness.

In Christ,
Barbara in NV

 
At 1:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom and Dad--

sorry its been a few days. things are crazy here in good ole TN. I'm ill today... missed a whole bunch of meetings tonight, and am going to miss classes tomorrow.. so hopefully i'll be feeling better after all that rest! i'm praying for y'all! i'm ready to see y'all next weekend! i miss you!

praying always
~kristin

 
At 5:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God Bless,
Greenfield, Indiana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home