Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Family... I'M HOME!!!

How truly wonderful it is to be able to breathe again! No more tests, no more studying, no more finals, no more eight-hour marathons in the library! Just time! Time to spend with my family, making cards, trying to cook... :) I am SO excited!

As terrible as this semester did seem at times, it was absolutely amazing to see the ways God worked through the hardest part of my life to bring me more comfort, blessings, and JOY than I would have ever thought possible! He challenged me and changed me and showed me so much more of Himself. I am learning about so many things: God's sovereignty, His holiness, even pieces of His plan for my life...

It's crazy to think back to last spring, when I was in a frenzy over campus housing. Now I can look back and see how God was working, preparing myself and others (namely, my three INCREDIBLE roommates: Megan, Kim, and Abby) for a time when we would all need each other. We have had such amazing growth opportunities together! One of my favorite things is to see how God works through the relationships of His people, and I have seen this in abundance with these girls. They have been there for me every step of the way. They all drove me back to the hospital the night BJ died. They were at the memorial service, and the funeral. They gave me distance in the two weeks I was home, but still left me fun messages letting me know they missed me. And coming back to school, they rallied to support me in full force. They have been there when I need to cry, when I need to laugh, and when I need to laugh so hard I fall down on the floor and cry! (Which actually tends to happen a lot in Suite 308!) I wish there were words to express the beauty I see in these three women. They are my deepest blessings.

I had such wonderful opportunities to meet all kinds of new people this semester, people who hardly knew me, yet were consistent in letting me know of their prayers for my family, for me specifically. I cannot quite explain the way God used all of these figures to impact me in such a significant way. But in a season of my life that I have had to travel alone, simply because that is it's design, these people have been my cheerleaders. They have been God's tangible presence to me.

To all of you: Baddy, Abby, Goody Sue, Becky, EricK, Kevin, Micah, Crazy Megan, Russ, Professor Bernius, Dr. Lennox, and SO many others... I love you. I thank you for letting God use you to encourage me and others as you grow more in Him.

Let's keep growing!

LOVE,
Lauren

9 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you all for two incredibly wonderful posts yesterday. Both made me teary but were such blessings. In Bible Study we are studying Genesis and came to Chapter 15 where God tells Abram, "I am your shield and very great reward." I couldn't help but think of the Higgins family. By your continued witnessing you all show that God, the Promise Maker is also the Promise Keeper.

Heather comes home on Fri. from HLG and we will have her with us until Christmas night when she leaves for the AweStar Christmas trip to Mexico. She will be just as relieved as Lauren to be finished with school for a while. I am praying right along with Marti for your time of refreshment and rest.

Praying that you all will be lavished with His love and grace and that you will never feel alone during this holiday season because of His constant presence.

Much love and continued prayers,
Toodie

 
At 7:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I know why I didn't respond to Lauren's post last night - so Marti could be the first! I did read it, though, and slept better knowing she made it home okay. Thanks, Lauren, for letting us know, and for sharing about your wonderful support system at school. May you (all) have a well-deserved break.

Anne (Marion)

 
At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LAUREN! i'm so glad you're home. i pray that this time w/your family is restful and such a blessing. i'm am so glad to hear about "your girls". i have some of my own, and i know that their friendship w/me in invaluable!!

I love you.. i'm praying for YOU.

~Kristin

 
At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lauren,
Your strength to perservere through the last few months has me in awe. Often times as humans we take a "victims" approach to things -- and don't move forward in times of trials. The Lord has truly blessed you with such grace through your struggles and you have embraced His love in a beautiful way. Praise God for your support system. The Lord works in wonderful ways if we allow Him. It truly doesn't surprise me that you embrace His will for you -- it witnesses the true Christian walk of life. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to witness, it truly is powerful and encouraging.

Have a blessed Christmas with your family - - you will be in my prayers! Much love for the entire Higgins family!

 
At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Sweet Lauren,
So glad you're home! AND you made it through the semester! (Sorry, two incomplete sentences. . . ) Jolene and I are very thankful to know you and Whitney and have you as neices. Wow, we are blessed, and inspired by y'all's Godly walk and dedication. Your writing makes us long to be with you (even though we suffer when it gets below 50 degrees F.). Our prayers and thoughts are with you every day.
With love and longing,
Dan
Deer Park, TX

 
At 3:32 PM, Blogger Ashley Reagan said...

Hey! Welcome home Lauren! It's good to hear how much everything has blessed you! May you and your family enjoy a wonderful Christmas season. :) I love you!

Ashley Dawn

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Praise God that your home safely Lauren and that He has provided for you all the comfort and support that you require and continue to require through this season in your life, we give Him all the priase and glory.

I have a praise report, but first I'd like to address the response from anon to my post yesterday. Thank you for your prayers for Hollie and our family, they are truely appreciated. Be assured that she and the whole situation is being lifted to the Lord on a daily and often moment by moment basis, without Him we would be nothing. Again thank you for praying for us.
Today I received a phone call from the school we have applied to for Hollie and they have organised a family interview for Tuesday of next week. This is the final part of the application which decides whether or not she will be accepted. I see light at the end of the tunnel..... praise God. Thank you "blog family" for your prayers in this situation they have been felt and are truely appreciated.
Last night we had our fellowship with our church body (a home Bible study) and the move of the Holy Spirit was so awesome and so sweet. His presence was soooo thick. Thank you Lord that You meet us right where we are and meet our every need and minister to us in such a sweet and soft way. All the glory, honor and praise I give unto three.

In His Love
Linda
Shawnee, Ok

 
At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Job this semester Lauren! You've been through a lot and I'm glad that there have been people close to support you through all this. I can see God working in you! You are in my prayers. Enjoy your time at home!
Love,
Lauren Szabo

 
At 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Lauren!
Still praying in Arlington, TX.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home