Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Hello family! I cannot tell you how much it means to me that you all are still faithfully reading and praying for my family, especially my parents. This has been such an amazing tool for them to talk about Beej and receive support and encouragement. I could not thank each of you enough for your faithfulness in lifting my parents up both through your prayers and written words.

This past month or so, I have been feeling a bit overwhelmed by the amount of changes and decisions our family is facing. I began to get frustrated a couple weeks ago because I was reading and praying yet not receiving direction. As I was reading one night in Hosea, God said very clearly to me that as I was reading, I was looking for something to speak to my specific situation rather than to simply learn more about Him and I needed to be doing the opposite. For a couple days, I was able to read differently and just seek God's heart rather than focus on the answers I was looking for. About a week later, I was having a conversation with Aunt Lynae about all the different decisions I am facing and how I felt so lost in it all. After listening for close to an hour, she shared with me that she felt she needed to tell me that I just needed to look to God. I needed to not focus on each question I had, but rather focus on the Lord, and the answers I was looking for would become apparent in His timing. I realized that though God had made that very same thing clear to me several days prior, I had already re-focused on finding my answers and in turn had once again become overwhelmed. I again walked away with such a peace for a couple days and purely sought God. After another week, I received an e-mail from the person I am considering interning for this summer. At the end of his e-mail to me explaining what I would be doing he gave me the simple reminder that it's easy to get caught up in seeking direction from God and get focused on "what to do" but instead I just need to focused on who He wants me to be. I was floored. 3 times God brought the exact same thing to my attention. Biblically, God only repeated things 3 times when they were incredibly important and major emphasis was needed. I think I finally get it... I still don't know my plans for the summer or next fall, but I know where I need to be, and that is staring in the face of my Savior Jesus Christ. There is no other place I would rather be.

Love you all

Whit

6 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whit - I'm so blessed to know you. You are so unique and I praise God for where you are now, and what you are teaching me. I love you a lot, and I'll see you tomorrow night. :)

Psalm 37:4 - My soul says of You, "Seek His face!" So Your face, Lord, I will seek.

Praying for you

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your thoughts today. I can truly relate. Praying for you and your family.

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing, Whitney. So many times we have problems sharing our struggles and imperfections with others and wear the "painted grin" the Casting Crowns talk about. We want everybody to think that we are "perfect", in a sense. I so greatly appreciate the humbleness of you and your family to openly discuss about your times when happiness, frustration, depression and struggle. It re-assures that I am not the only one and eliminates the question "What's wrong with me?" Even though we know that others are going through the same emotions, it's so important that we are able to admit it to one another.
Thank you so much Higgins' family for continuing to bless my life - all of our lives.

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for seeking God as you do and sharing His heart for you. Through your hard time God has used you to bless others,and myself. I was on facebook and Elizabeth had a link to this website. I thought I would take a look, and I read your blog. What a blessing it was to read. What freedom we have to truly live through Jesus Christ. Thank you for trusting in the Lord. It is such an encouragement.

 
At 4:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sis! I can relate to your experience as well. I've often said it would be great if He just wrote what He wanted me to do on a yellow sticky note and post it on my monitor, I'd know what to do!! LOL I've learned while He could do that, I'd lose the joy, frustration, education, understanding and closeness with Him as I wrestled with the issue. Life is a journey not an destination and I need to keep remembering that even at 47. I praise God for what He has taught me through your family sharing this part of their journey with me and the rest of us. I have been honored to intercede in prayer for your family. I have had intimate times with the Lord I would have missed, I've had opportunities to share the Gospel that I wouldn't have had, and I've reached out to strangers in Christ's love that I wouldn't have done without the example, encouragement, heartbreak, pain and learning I've experienced here. So it is I who thank YOU for allowing me to share this small part of your journey Home. Jesus Christ be praised!
Mark
Hudson, OH

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whitney -- watching you sing to the Lord at Service on Sunday is a true inspiration to "believe" what we sing, say and pray. He truly leads you and your family in ways that keeps me in awe. Thank you for inspiring us once again to rely on His will for us each day. Your a faithful servant, be led . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home