Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Please forgive me for more teasing, but I must share this. Last night I received the book proposal from our Ghost Writer and good friend. I read for an hour. I wept as my eyes moved over the words. I did not weep as a father alone. I cried at how humbling it is to read the words of one so young, and yet so mature. Reading BJ's writing in the format that it may ultimately come into print was an unbelievable experience. Seeing how our friend has outlined chapters, and poured herself into pulling all of this together is very moving. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

And since I am teasing already, we have received the finished version of the MercyMe song "Die for You." For those of you who have heard it, now the London Symphony Orchestra has been added. It is truly amazing to hear. How their music impacts the song is quite inspiring! It is almost 6 minutes and thirty seconds long. The cd comes out April 25th, but you can already pre-order it. Bart graciously asked me to write a letter which will be included on the cd jacket to help explain the connection. I'm sure it will be tiny, so have your glasses ready (I always struggle to read what's on cd jackets, but I do read them).

In case I haven't told you, 8 cents from each cd sold will fund a scholarship which will send others to take BJ's place on the mission field. Bart has asked us to partner with them in distributing those funds. What an incredible privilege, and significant task!

My friend (and BJ's) Eric who blogged yesterday, and a young lady from Mingo Valley Christian School are two of the most recent individuals who have signed up to take BJ's place. Eric shared that he is heading to Chile, Lord willing! The young lady? God called her directly to take BJ's place in Peru, so she is going! You guys are my hero's!!! They are both going with AweStar.

We want to hear from more of you whom God has called to take his place. It has a ginormous (or is it egantic?) impact on us, and is such encouragement! (Is that too selfish?)


I was recently visiting BJ's friend Jack's xanga site, and found the following posted. It is BJ's top 10 things he wished to do before he died:

1. Make sure that my friends that aren't Christians get saved
2. Get married to a wonderful Christian girl and have (preferably) 3 kids (at least one boy [gotta keep the family name goin! lol])
3. Go on at least 5 international mission trips
4. Make at least 1-2 CD's with my band Ice to Fire
5. Become a full-time Minister/Missionary alongside Taylor DeBaun
6. Write at least 2 impacting books
7. Get two dogs
8. Live on a big piece of land and have horses
9. See Highland Lakes (my dad's camp) become and AWESOME Christian retreat camp like InPursuit or Windermere
10. In everything I do GLORIFY GOD (I won't reach this goal because I'm human, but as Christians we're called to try anyway, so it is a goal of mine, even if I fall short)

We just never know how much time we have. Setting goals is important, but living for Christ in the moment is what we must learn to do. Lord God, I pray that we each bring you glory in this day!

dad

YOU CAN PRE-ORDER MERCYME'S NEW CD WITH "DIE FOR YOU" ON IT BY GOING TO mercyme.org

16 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed living for Christ in the moment is what we must all strive to do and that is something that BJ did to the fullest.
Thank you for being so faithful to the body of Christ and for the daily postings that not only encourage but convict as well.
Looking forward to the next blog.

April

 
At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Reading all of that hit my close to home and made me smile.. thank you, dad! Praying for you, and love you.

phil. 1:3

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brent and Deanna, I think I have told you how the journal of Jim Elliot had such an impact on my life. When he and the other four missionaries died in the Ecuadorian Jungle, I was not yet born, but his writings were used to impact my life. There are a ton of us on the fields around the world who can say the same thing.

I marvelled at his depth and maturity, and rightly so. Then, when I got to the field six years ago, I met my neighbor in Trujillo, Peru. His name is Bert Elliot and his brother was Jim. Bert is now 81 years old and Jim followed his big brother to the field! ¨To live is Christ and to die is gain.¨ right? I have prayed much for you and your daughters and will continue, but I just want to redouble my efforts to pray for the book and cd and other avenues to mobilize others to take BJ´s place. My 11 and 10 year olds have told me that first stop during Stateside Assignment will be to a Christian Store to by the BJ song.

Love you guys,

Frank and Julie Lamca

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! I cannot wait to read the book and purchase it for family and friends to share the love of Christ. How do we pre-order the CD?

In Christ's love,
Shelly
Noblesville, IN

 
At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In all we do, we must glorify Him! That's what I hear and see from BJ's life!

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying through the tears in San Diego :)

I just loved your post today and cannot wait until the CD! I'll be serving Bart and the guys at Spirit West Coast this May and pray for the opportunity to bless them as they bless us!

I'm so humbled to see that as a boy & man, BJ felt it was important to have goals & dreams - I often crucify my dreams befpore God has the chance to answer because I don't want to be told NO! I need to learn, that as a child of God, He wants balance in my life and He wants to bless me - I just want to be obedient and somehow I worked that into some equation that means I will never get anything that I want from this life! If you could please pray for that - that would be a blessing?!?

Love you all and praying for Brendon!

Blessings to you~

Laurel Lynn <><

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glory...glory... :)
love ya
Brittany

 
At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BJ's list was touching to read. Thank you for sharing his 'objectives' or 'goals' in life. I once made a list similar to his, but cherish your last comment of living instead of writing lists.

 
At 4:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Higgins Family-
You are still in our prayers, especially now with opportunities all around the world headed your way!

SuzAnne Keith

 
At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey parents--

You guys are SUCH a tease! I just cant hardly wait til April 25th! and for the book! when is that gonna happen?! AHH! all this excitement!

anyway.. things are good here on the homefront. Keep praying for the Trotters.. www.teamexpansion.org/caringformark ..he's doing pretty good actually.

love you guys!

~kristin

 
At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading through your blog and seeing your point of view.

Regards,

chicken diamond dog food lover soul soup

 
At 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many thanks for creating your blog. It's facinating how people are so different in their interests.

Thank You again,

aol.com dog hotmail.com lover msn.com yahoo.com

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meandering thru the blogs has lead me here, thank you for the interesting read.

Fellow blogger,

gift idea for dog lover

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How do you do, interesting information you have presented here. I enjoyed passing time by reading your blogging exploits

Aloha (meaning bye for now),

chicken soup for the pet lover soul dog food

 
At 3:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am here because of search results for blogs with a related topic to mine.
Please,accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
I have a used car tulsa site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lymph node cancer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home