Thursday, March 09, 2006

Today, I leave for the first leg of a 'mission journey' to Mexico. (I have a three hour layover at the Kansas City airport... Tracy, Michael, and Kristin I'm gonna be parked in your backyard for awhile). I'll end up in Tulsa tonight, and then join a team of 27, as we head south for our opportunity.

For me this is about training to lead. I wanted practical experience the Awe Star way and this will provide it. I have had the privilege of serving in leadership on other mission trips, and have led on trips here in the states, but this will be different in many ways.

I understand the team of students have worked very hard on the drama "Freedom." They completed the drama for their church body, and the Spirit of the Lord moved mightily!

This is what we are praying for as we head to Mexico. We want to see the Lord glorified and lifted up. He is "high and exalted," and it ours to bring Him glory at "such a time as this!" How incredibly blessed to be a part of this journey! Please pray for the hearts of those who hear His Word! Pray that the Lord of the harvest will deliver many souls into the Kingdom over the next 10-12 days.

We heard from our friends Elsie Jay and Sammy last night, who are also in Mexico. They have had the opportunity to lead many Bible studies in their brief time there. I understand they led one last night with a group of people who had formerly sacrificed a lady. Praise God for His intervention in dark places!!! We truly can be His hands and feet!

We tend to think such things only happened in medieval times or earlier. It still happens today! We must be ready! We must share His Word and Light in our own back yards, and in others. We must be willing to comprehend intimately Philippians 1:21 "to live is Christ, to die is gain." Pray that the Lord would open up an opportunity today for you to be faithful, and share His gospel. Only do it if you mean it, cause He is faithful, and will give you an encounter, and you don't want to drop it!

I will return home on March 22nd. Please lift up all three of my girls. Deanna could not go this time but wants to be there. Deanna, Lauren and Whitney will update you for the next few days. If given an opportunity I will write from the field.

Love in Christ to you all!

Serving the King beside you,

brent (dad)

14 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray for your safe travels, for your wife as she is to be home and for your girls as they continue to watch the Lord's will at work.

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brent,

I will continue to pray for you while on your journey. I hope that God blesses you and this trip. We also pray for you QUICK, SAFE return.
Take Care,
Matt

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger natenamy said...

Brent, we will be praying for you and the team as you go and serve in Mexico. I know that God will move mountains and bring many to Him! Amen!
Deanna, call if you need anything... I'll come out and scrap with you if you want to (you'll have to twist my arm though)! Just let me know :D.
Love you both tons and tons...
Amy (and Nate-dog too of course)

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Brent, Praying that you have an awesome time in Mexico! Is the drama you mentioned a new one, or the usual AweStar one? Hopefully, you all are not "muchos scardios"--only "pocos scardios..." As has been mentioned here previously, following our big God, often with many exact details unknown, is inevitably a little scary, or sometimes very scary, but the blessings that follow are awesome!

Talk to you later!
Love, Jolene

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you.

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bless You Family

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll definitely be praying for you and your girls. Can't wait to hear how God moves.
Love you all

Brit
Acts 20:24

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying Brent.

Benediciones...
AJ

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.worshipfortodaymedia.com/gallery2/v/2003/0729ALASKA/07180002.JPG.html

brit

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.worshipfortodaymedia.com/gallery2/v/2002/0630UYC/06230025_001.JPG.html

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying with you Deanna
Indpls., IN

 
At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you in Mexico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen Marti, What a privelege to be able to pray for you all. We can let the body here know too about this trip.

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still praying. I'm coming to mexico as well...whether I will see you or not while I am there 18-25th is a mystery...hopefully! or I'll just see ya this summer.
love and prayers
Brittany A.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home