Monday, March 06, 2006

This past Friday and Saturday were anointed by God, and began in full the missionary journeys of 16 students. This weekend at Highland Lakes, Northside Baptist church had their missions training weekend under the direction of David Post from AweStar.

Northside has never left their own campus for such a training, and David (who led BJ to Peru twice) has never had reason to visit HLBC before. Both of those things changed (and blessed me significantly).

This summer these students will travel the US by Lightrider bus (a double decker sleeper bus) sharing the same drama that BJ participated in. They will cover many states, and have the opportunity to share the gospel of Jesus Chtist, many for the first time. They worked extremely hard to learn their roles. They were very focused.

This group was largely made up of students who at BJ's funeral celebration answered the call to take his place on the mission field! Four of seven guys on this trip were BJ's guys (if I can call them that)! They were his age, and in his Sunday School class. He loved them and poured himself into them. They did likewise.

Please understand that this was a very stretching time for these guys. Learning this drama pushed the envelope of their comfort zones way beyond its borders. Most of these guys were faithful bloggers throughout BJ's ordeal, and beyond. The enormity of this weekend was huge (for me)!

Jonathon will play the Gentle Ruler- or God, Jack and Matt are Good Knights, and Ryan will be the Knightmare- or Satan... BJ's favorite role. I have watched these guys grow up, and am very proud of who they are, and what they are doing for their Lord!

Too many of us never proceed outside the perameters of our "posh" lives to reach out or pour into the lives of those who are lost. It's not that we are not called, it's that we are too comfortable where we are. Sharing on our "home mission field" should be a natural outpouring of who we are in Christ, but comfort and acceptance in our hometowns cause us to recoil at the thought of stepping out in faith.

Posh does not mean wealthy as it is used. It's implication is that many of us literally have no clue how much we have, and how much we take for granted. Once our eyes are opened up to the need of our world, we become Lattany's, Kristin's, Barbara Ann's, DJ's, etc. All of these are student missionaries on journeys who love their Lord more than their comfort, and reach out, and spill out all that the Lord has poured into them. The cool thing is that they get refilled to repeat the process!

I praise God for the hunger of students to be close to Jesus, to grasp his garment but for a moment, to be forever changed. I praise Him for adults who do the same. We must set the example for them. Too many of them are looking at broken families, and parents who don't get it, or if they do, they aren't living it.

The broken vessels that each one of us walk through life as, all have something God wants to use! The students are watching. Let your broken frame be restored, and let your life be an example of Christ for those around you to see. He is worth it!

dad

8 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an uplifting weekend.. thank you again for your open arms and willing heart to serve us. I am more than excited about the drama, and I was thrilled to have spent time with you. I praise God for you and Deanna, you both have touched so many people. Praying for you as God keeps doing what He wants.

Acts 20:24

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ones,
It has been a while since I,ve blogged, so pardon my rustiness. It is so easy to communicate when you,re only a phone call away, but when there,s a distance of 2000 miles or so, it seemed I should post. It is awesome to see how God has turned our vacation/ministry time into a ministry/vacation time. God is at work here in Queretaro,Mexico, as we,ve had the opportunity to share the Word with the people in their homes with my brother and his wife. We have had Bible studies every day in their homes, and it is so neat to see these new believers thirsting for the Word. God is showing me things I have always known, over and over again, and I thank Him for speaking to me about what I need to be about every day of my life. Pray for us, and more importantly, my family and the people here as He has given us this time.

KPO

Elsie Jay

 
At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN!!

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think any of us would mind being called Bj's guys!

 
At 10:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you guys so much this past weekend for your help and support. I really really appreciate it. The drama and the affect it will have on people will be amazing.

I agree with Ryan...I don't mind being called one of BJ's guys.

Many prayers for all you
Jonathan Haag

 
At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey guys--

Hope your Monday was good.. we've been having play practice EVERYDAY and i've been getting a little tired.. so my day was long. but good. better after i read your post! it blessed me greatly today.. i'm sure your weekend was amazing. Dave's a great guy.. and spending time w/that drama always makes for a great experience! I felt a little honored to be mentioned in your post.. thanks for that.

Love you guys! praying always!

~kristin

 
At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How refreshing to hear of people in their youth giving their hearts to God, instead of squandering their time selfishly! Even at the ripe old age of 29, I regret (although I see its purpose now) the time until I was 21 that I wasted ignoring God's call and living in my posh-ness. How humbled I am that he's given me a second chance. BJ inspired me, and continues to inspire me, to live each day to its fullest and not use the world's standards to dictate how I am going to live that day. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for YOUR serving and testimony!

 
At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen. That's so awesome

 

Post a Comment

<< Home