Friday, April 07, 2006

I just have to tell you that last night was an amazing night. Indiana University is a school with much prestige academically, but a reputation for being one of the top 10 party schools in America. My father would not allow my sister to attend there because of it's reputation, and that was more years ago than she would like for me to share.

Did you know that there are some incredible believers there also? I was honored to share about BJ's journey with a room of several hundred students at "Cru," which is short for Campus Crusade. Their worship was incredible. Their skit was dead on for the way many students tend to live their lives. The Spirit of the Lord resided there last night, and continues to do so in the hearts of most of the students in attendance.

Dave, the young man who runs this ministry (with a cast of many others) portrayed Christ in the same drama BJ ministered with, back in 1998 in Croatia. That was my first mission trip, and God used it to really get a grip on my life. Dave is a graduate of I.U. and I am very proud of how he is allowing God to use his life!

I was greatly impressed that these young men and women are finding their way in a place that many write off as a 'den of iniquity.' God stirred many hearts last night, and I was blessed to hear testimony after testimony from young adults who are surrendering to missions.

One young lady told me that God had been directing her to South America for some time, but she did not know how to get there. Last night, God completed that connection for her. Another young lady who was BJ's age, came to me weeping to thank me and let me know she was seeking His will for her life, perhaps in missions (she also introduced herself using her first name, and 'Christ' as her last name... She gets it)! I met a young man who had served last summer in the North African country my family and 16 other young adults will journey to this summer.

My heart is leaping for joy at how God is working. I spoke with student after student who were moved by God's presence, and wanting to follow him in obedience. I talked to one of the worship leaders, who is also the top ranked woman diver in the USA, who told me her teammates were present, and one of them now wanted to talk to her about her relationship with Christ!

Lord Jesus, may I say that You did very well last night! I believe a "revolution" is underway at a top party school. A "revolution" for You! Only You could accomplish that! Let Your Glory Reign!

dad (brent)


Please pray for Eric Steffen, a young missionary and father who is in Indpls. right now battling cancer. Please visit his website and encourage he and his wife Kelly at www.erikandkelly.ministryhome.org He is an awesome man of God who lives to serve His King, and understands that "to die is gain." He has young children and loves them dearly. He is not being given a lot of hope or time, from what I understand, but God has worked tremendously in and through their lives already! Praise God we can lift one another up, and He hears us!

4 Comments:

At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey parents!

sorry its been a couple days! the last couple months of my senior year is proving to be CRAZY!

i've been catching up on your posts.. i'm praying for you as you pack up his things...and try and take one step at a time towards your new life.

i love you guys! praying always..

~kristin

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is God that is AMAZING!!

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brent,

Again I have to tell you what a blessing you were to our ministry here. There are students still talking about how your story of BJ's life impacted them. I know that God had a lot of key people there to hear your challenge and I am excited to see what He is going to continue to do through it! It was great seeing you again!

Your Brother,
David Christ

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brent,
Thank you so much for sharing about Thursday night, April 6, when you spoke at Cru in Bloomington. God continues to Blow Me AWAY! Reading your thoughts about that night showed me how God is continuing to DEEPLY touch the lives of students through BJ's life! Like you, I found my "heart leaping for joy at how God is working" - worldwide and including in the lives of students at Indiana University!

Phil and I continue to pray for your family daily. We are blessed by your daughters' ministry at Northside Baptist Church North Campus.

(*A little footnote: you referred to our son, David, as "the young man who runs this ministry." David is an intern with a large, very active Campus Crusade Staff on campus in Bloomington, IN at I.U. Jeff Chudy is the Campus Director. For more staff: http://www.indiana.edu/~iuccc/contact.htm. For events: http://www.indiana.edu/~iuccc/events.htm)

Betsy Fladung

 

Post a Comment

<< Home